So much going on today, but I'm having a lazy day which is bad. So I'm posting this and then getting some things done around the house. I blame that crack game
- Today there's a lovely meme. It is filled with gleeful kudos-ness and I'm too busy tagging in that to return proper game tags. (And Maile, if you don't put your pup in cuz she's new, I'll understand. But my kudos to you is that I am still so squeeing that you have joined the mayhem! You rule.)
- I sent in an app last night. I should be nervous about it or at least a little anxious, but I'm not. Too busy planning and scheming. Like planning and scheming for my next pup. I wanted to bring Gus in for Shawn funtimes, but that novelty has worn off and I don't think I'll be bringing him this year at all. I'd still love to bring Jason Morgan from General Hospital for the LOL, but then I'd have to start really watching soap operas. I'm toying with the idea of bringing someone from HSM/HSM2. Singing characters are awesome, but I don't have the background so I'm undecided. I also want to bring a villain. As it stands, if I get this pup approved, I'll have two of the same characters.
And it's going to be tough not to play the two together. Zack could teach the new one a lot. He could help accomplish a lot of the reasons I'm bringing mystery pup #2 to the island, but that's cheating. Kind of. They really are so alike and I would totally have Zack tag him if someone else were playing him. It'll just be a matter of playing it cool. And any way if they do talk, I do enough tags in a month that it wouldn't be a matter of getting reqs.
- Buying some songs on Itunes. It's August so I get to have my monthly 13 again! I bought the Advent Children and Crisis Core soundtracks using June and July's song money. A great investment and yet I still haven't put them on the Ipod (because my case doesn't line up properly which prevents the CD-Rom/DVD-Rom tray from opening).
Any way, I had a list of songs that I wanted from back in May. This included four songs by the Strokes. Four songs by one band seems a little excessive, but I like every song that I picked. They are just so catchy. The Strokes are made of musical genius. Or at least musical addictiveness.
Also I feel I should download Phantom Planet's California. I had it a while back as ringtone and it's just a shame I haven't purchased it yet. As a matter of fact, buying it now. I liked it before I knew of the O.C and I had it as my ringtone back when I had a crush on Matt, but he was my supervisor so I couldn't say anything.
I've been listening to country music lately. I love the down home, simple life sound of it. I was big into country the last half of the 90s. I live in East Tennessee so you can direct those looks of doom elsewhere. And there really can never be enough steel guitar in a song. It's like cowbell. I have a tendency to listen to certain genres of music for a while and then move to another when I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over. My constant is Christian Contemporary. I just swapped to Country this week. The two prior to that it was Songs from the 80s. I love the 80s Flashback Weekend. And I discovered an 80s station locally that plays the Top 40s from this week in the 80s. It was awesome hearing Casey Casem again.Just in case anyone is interested. These are my downloads for the month so far:
Breaking Benjamin - Forget It (This is my villain pup's theme song, I've decided. I could listen to it over and over in a loop.)
Phantom Planet - California
Leeland - Opposite Way
Paul Alan - To Bring You Back
Andy Gullahorn - That Guy
The Strokes - Reptilia
Carolina Rain - American Radio
The Strokes - The End Has No End
The Strokes - Hard to Explain
Mark Wills - Nineteen Somethin'
- Almost finished with Deep Space Nine. I don't know what we'll watch next. I want to watch all of The Mighty Boosh, but we'll see. We could always move on to Star Trek: The Next Generation. I've never watched it chronologically. Or we could do a rewatch of Voyager. There's Psych, but I think my husband will go crazy if he doesn't get a little bit of Sci-Fi at night.
- We started another weight loss competition with his parents. I've got a wedding to lose for not to mention health reasons. And they were losing for health also so we figured why not make it competitive. Thus we are going to work out at the gym tonight. I've been looking forward to working out. It's a little too easy not to be active. So treadmill and elliptical, here I come. I really should use the pool and the hot tub too, but I doubt I'll feel up for bathing suit.
I should make updates more often so I'm not cramming two weeks into one entry.
- And I almost posted this without writing about the whole reason for this entry! I'm getting a smart phone!!! I just got my ROKR in February for Valentine's Day, but the Motorola Q is going on sale to employees on Friday. Matt was going to get one because he's been wanting one all year, but we haven't had the $400 something to put down on it. (Employees get a $200 discount voucher, but he used it on my
phone as my Valentine's present. Otherwise they pay full price for the phones. Yes, cell phones really are that expensive, the companies just work the cost of them into your two year service agreement. It's easier to invest $400 into someone when you can count on getting at least $50 out of them for the next 24 months. That's $1200 for those keeping score.)
So a Smart Phone means I can tag from my phone!! The unlimited internet service is going to be about $25 for me and $15 for him, but his service is free and mine is $15 so we are still getting a great deal.